Leasing and Property Management
About Vashon Property Management Services
We offer professional property management in the Seattle/Tacoma Metro specializing in single-family residential and small commercial rental properties. We are a licensed and insured real estate broker. We are an Equal Opportunity company and proudly adhere to the Washington State Landlord Tenant Law. When you entrust your investment property to us we will do the following:
- A walk-through to determine rental market value and note any maintenance or safety issues.
- Advertise your property by:
- Photo display at our affiliated office: Winterbrook Realty, Inc., located at The Inn on Vashon in Burton and on our Website: www.rentvashon.com
- On Craigslist.com
- If requested, in the local newspaper, Vashon-Maury Island Beachcomber and its online classifieds.
- Provide tenant screening by:
- Credit check and verification of income.
- Current and previous rental history.
- Criminal history check and sex offender check.
- Unlawful detainer search (legal eviction search).
- Handle all rental inquires and show the rental to tenant applicants.
- Handle all lease agreements with tenants.
- Complete a walk-through inspection report at move-in and move-out including photos.
- Collect security and other tenant deposits which are placed in a trust account.
- Collect monthly rent.
- Provide monthly financial statement and yearly income/expense report documenting all monies held in the owner’s account, expenses for repairs/maintenance, rental receipts and management fees.
- Provide a yearly 1099 report.
- Handle all repairs and emergencies utilizing known and trusted vendors. Owners are apprised immediately of any necessary repairs and / or emergencies.
- Available 24/7 to owners and tenants for rental emergencies.
- Ensure legal compliance with all federal statutes and the Washington State Landlord Tenant Act.
Our normal residential management fee is 10% of the monthly rent; 12% in the case of “seasonal” rentals. On more expensive properties, the fee is negotiable. A tenant placement fee of half of one month’s rent is deducted from the first full month’s rent of all new tenants. We charge a $250 fee for lease renewals or extensions.
If you want to contact us for more property management information call us at (206) 463-5333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Come Grow With Us