A graduate of the Stanford Graduate School of Business (MBA) and the University of Nevada, Las Vegas (BS); Jeff Lewis has spent his working career in real estate development and institutional property investments. Highlights of his 35 year real estate career include the following accomplishments:
- Sole owner of a real estate development company which developed, built, managed, and ultimately sold over 650 apartment units.
- Lead consultant to The California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS) for their $6 billion equity real estate investment portfolio. During his tenure at CalPERS; Lewis conceived, organized and created the pension fund investment of ultimately $1 billion in the much heralded Single Family Development Financing Program.
- Chief Executive Officer, Member of the Board and President of Malan Realty Investors, Inc.; a New York Stock Exchange listed Real Estate Investment Trust (“REIT”). While at Malan, in addition to overall operational and leasing responsibilities for 64 shopping centers located throughout the mid-west, Lewis directed the financing and selling activities of over $300 million in real estate assets.
In 1998, Jeff purchased the 120 year old Vashon Island “Winterbrook Farm”; a beautiful mid-Vashon Island farm which he and his daughter Angela currently operate and at which he now breeds alpacas.
Lewis became licensed as a real estate broker with the state of Washington in 2001 and established Winterbrook Realty in 2007. Winterbrook Realty is a full service real estate brokerage firm which was formed to facilitate client transactions in four market segments:
- Residential and land properties on Vashon Island;
- Commercial and Condominium properties throughout the Seattle metro region;
- Downtown Seattle condos; and,
- Investment properties in the Western United States.
Winterbrook Realty is located in the charming village of Burton (Vashon Island) and only employs fully committed, professional agents.
In addition to his broker license in Washington State, Lewis is a licensed real estate broker in California and Nevada where he also has real estate investment activities.